Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

bits and pieces......

Two months!  Are you kidding me?  I can't believe I haven't posted anything for almost two months.  It certainly isn't because I haven't been cooking!  I was planning to use as my excuse, the fact that Eddy and I were busy traveling the west coast.  But we've been back for almost four weeks, so I guess I can't really use that excuse anymore....

We had such a great time eating our way down the coastline.  We started in Seattle, WA and ended up in Newport Beach just south of Los Angeles.  My hands-down-favorite meal was the dim sum we had in Seattle with our friends Mary and Jeremy (thanks guys!)





I also enjoyed my first Korean BBQ.  Eddy and I had some friends from Korea years ago and she used to make the most delicious bi bim bop and other wonderful Korean dishes.  But I'd never had Korean BBQ; so that was really fun!  The meat was cooked to order over a pit BBQ in the middle of the table.





Then, the meal was served with rice and little dishes of Korean vegetables, such as bean sprouts, spinach, kimchee, and my favorite, potatoes.






Eddy and Jeremy decided they wanted to try the traditional wine of Korea.  It was milky white and was, in my opinion, the only item that should have been sent back!



We had a very nice stay at a Bed and Breakfast in Napa Valley.  Our hosts made a spot-on eggs Benedict for breakfast and the fresh fruit they served was so sweet and juicy, I could hardly stop moaning in delight!



I also enjoyed my very first "fresh" fig, which I picked right off the tree near our balcony!  It was sticky and delicious!


Since coming home, I have continued to try new recipes.  Here are some pictures of recent adventures:

coconut mango sorbet

Thai red curry noddle soup

rustic spinach and cornmeal soup

butternut squash gnocchi

banana stuffed french toast with strudel topping

chili relleno tart (my personal favorite!)


Today, I'm in the mood for Jamaican fish tea.  Eddy and I had an amazing bowl of the stuff when we were in Jamaica.  It was so wonderful, we went back the next night and ordered the exact same thing!  I'm on a search for a good recipe and if I find one, I'll post all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment