Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A really quick and easy supper!




This morning, I asked Eddy what he would like for supper and his answer was a salad with strips of grilled chicken, some good crusty bread, and a glass of wine.  So, that's what I made!  Too bad Eddy forgot he wouldn't be home for supper tonight!

I made a simple Caesar salad.  What makes a salad "Caesar" is the dressing.  You can pretty much put whatever you want in the salad although it is traditionally made with romaine lettuce.  I put romaine and red leaf lettuce in mine, thinly sliced red onion, and homemade pumpernickel croutons.  Oh!  and lots of aged Parmesan cheese.

Here's my recipe for the dressing I made:

In a blender or food processor combine
   4 anchovy fillets
   3 garlic cloves
   2 T EVOO
   1 t Worcestershire sauce
   1 t Dijon mustard
   1/2 to 1 t hot pepper sauce

Process until blended and then add in
   1 1/2 cup mayo (best if homemade)
   2 T grated Parmesan
   2 T fresh squeezed lemon juice

Mix well.

For the chicken, I marinated boneless breasts in an Italian dressing for several hours before grilling them.  Be careful not to overcook the chicken!  Let it rest a few minutes before slicing it as this helps the juices to redistribute and makes it juicier.

No comments:

Post a Comment