Search This Blog

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cascaron

Today I was listening to the Splendid Table on NPR and they had a call-in guest who lives in Seattle.  She was talking about all the different international doughnuts available in Seattle and particularly, she mentioned a Filipino doughnut called cascaron that is deep fried and served on a skewer.  It apparently has a chewy, coconuty inside and a crispy shell.  This sounds so yummy!  I love almost everything Asian and everything coconuty.  So, I'm thinking it would be really cool if our man on the ground in Seattle should find himself near a place that sells these, if he could try one and let me know if it's worth the effort of finding out how to make?  She didn't go into detail about any other of the international doughnuts available in the city, but I'm curious......  What other kinds of doughnuts are there?

3 comments:

  1. oh no! I just googled Filipino doughnut and got an Urban Dictionary definition that is so x-rated, it made me blush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am up for the challenge of collecting vital intelligence about the elusive, G-rated version of the Filipino doughnut. I will report back when my mission is accomplished! (G-rated, people, G-rated!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just did a little high tech research on the internets and found this: Do a search for "Yummy House Bakery" in the International District of Seattle. I've seen this place before, and will try to get there sometime next week.

    ReplyDelete