Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pasta for supper....


I've been thinking about pasta all day so as supper time rolled around, I decided to make a big pot for supper.  I didn't have a particular recipe I was following but I had an idea in my head of what sounded good.  I started by oven roasting a bunch of vegetables; red onions, zucchini, baby portobellos, sugar snap peas, and red peppers.  I tossed them with olive oil, a handful of fresh sage, and some s&p and roasted them at 400 until they caramelized.

While that was going on, I mixed up some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, crushed garlic, Indian chili powder and salt and marinated about a pound of chicken tenders.

When the vegetables were done, I heated up a T or so of olive oil and pan fried the chicken.  I did this over high heat because I wanted the chicken to caramelize a bit and take on a rich, deep golden brown.  After removing the chicken, I deglazed the pan with some dry sherry and then stirred in some chicken broth and heavy cream.

I sliced the veggies and chicken and added them to the pan.  Finally, I stirred in a handful of fresh basil.

To serve, I ladled the sauce over farfalle pasta, topped it with a couple dollops of goat cheese and sprinkled it with toasted pine nuts.  It turned out great!


It's now going on 7:00 and I'm still the only one home.  I wonder if that means I can finish off all the pasta myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment